Our Community Benefits Committee has given over £20,000 worth of grant applications to 14 local organisations at our latest Community Benefit Grants presentation, held in the Hogan Suite of the Carnoustie Golf Hotel this evening.
The cheques were presented to the organisations by CGLMC Chairman, Pat Sawers. She said: “We at Carnoustie Golf Links are immensely proud to be able to support the local community through our Community Benefit Awards and we love being able to give back to the community. These are all such worthy causes and we hope that our donation will help them all.”
The total amount of £21,070 is being donated to the following groups:
- Carnoustie West End Bowling Club – Disabled access and edging
- Carlogie Primary School – Sensory garden
- Carnoustie & District Horticultural Society – Beach hall rental
- Carnoustie High School Brass Band – China trip ties and corsages
- Caledonia Golf Club – New computer software
- Carnoustie Camera Club – Projector and equipment
- Carnoustie Tea Dance Club – Digital music equipment
- Carnoustie & Monifieth Men’s Shed – Tools
- Carnoustie Memories Group – Christmas lunch & transport
- Adoption & Fostering Group Angus – Horse riding lessons
- Letham Grange Golf Club – Irrigation controllers and decoders
- Peter Pan Playgroup – Equipment & toys
- Carnoustie Scout Group – Equipment
- Monifieth Athletic Football Club – Donation towards portable goals
The presentation marked the second round of Community Benefit Grants awarded by CGLMC this year and the fifth in total, with the first having taken place in November 2015 after CGLMC was awarded Charitable Status in 2014.
This is not the only work CGLMC does as a charitable trust, however, as in recent weeks we have also donated £2,500 to Carnoustie Community Council’s Christmas Lights fund and £4,000 to sponsor a penguin for Maggie’s Penguin Parade.
Including last night’s presentation, CGLMC has donated £123,098 in total via our Community Benefit Grants and donations to a variety of local organisations and worthy causes.
The next presentation will take place in May 2018 and applications for this are being accepted now with a closing date of 15 April 2018. Click here to download your application form or email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.